Thursday

Low Carb Meatballs And Sauce ~ Great For Those Of Us With Candida

Low Carb Meatballs and Sauce (Great for those of us with Candida)



I have not eaten meat balls and sauce for at least 2 years, mainly because it made my stomach burn. The diet I am on now allows me to eat beef and fresh tomatoes so I decided to try to make sauce.

Here are the meatballs after I baked them at 375 degrees until they looked kind of brown all over.

Next I put them into my sauce. I know it doesn't look like the tomato sauce you are used to but it is the best I can do right now.

I put a little of the sauce over my buckwheat groats. This tasted very good, not like the sauce your mother makes but until I heal from candida this is how it will be.

I will try to explain to you how I made this.

Meatballs

2 Pounds very lean hamburger
1/4 Cup egg whites or 2 eggs
Flax Seed (enough to make hamburger stick together to make meat balls)
Salt
Pepper (if you can tolerate)

Mix all together and make meatballs. Place on greased cookie sheet. I greased my baking sheet with cold pressed organic safflower oil.

Bake in oven at 375 degrees until meatballs turn brown.


Sauce
2 Tomatoes blended in blender
salt
pepper (if you can tolerate)

Put blended tomatoes into a sauce pan and start heating. When meatballs are browned add them to the sauce and cook for a couple of hours.

I ate this with no problems and even froze some so I can have them another day.

No comments: