Saturday

New York Style Kefir Cheesecake

I just want to let you know... this is not alkaline.  The only think alkaline about it is the berries.

New York Style Kefir Cheesecake

2 cups of Kefir Cream Cheese

Stevia to equal 3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 cup all-purpose flour (I used old fashioned whole wheat)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan ( I just used 2 small glass baking dishes that I buttered).
  2. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into a buttered dish
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
This recipe called for a graham cracker crust. I did not use any crust. I just baked it in the buttered pan.

No comments: