Monday

Make Your Own Oatmeal Milk

I had ran out of almonds and needed to make Almond Milk so I could have it for my Puffed Millet Cereal. I didn't want to run out to the store for more almonds and I know you can buy Oatmeal Milk already made up.....so I made my own.

I used a little over 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal, Put it in the blender with 2 Cups Of Water and blended it up.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj-ti4cz_xRgbTXgEnGW-7FbEw_9tOH8HdpyP5pZN5nV-cQ5-gzWsPX1EQ2sSDYNLf0_JqJBUygqDvoA6Pd8jlSZDKik3lejTuou4VKVLHcZq4URPym0OTKtyDD-vtjgmVd2uz5yYAsfBfd/s1600-h/002.JPG
This is a little harder to strain than the Almond Milk but it really did work out great for me.

Oatmeal Milk

1/2 to 3/4 Cup Dry Old Fashioned Oatmeal
2 Cups water
1 Teaspoon vanilla (I don't use vanilla because they add things like cane juice)

Blend all together and strain. You might want to use cheese cloth, I used my regular strainer but it took forever.

No comments: