Sunday

Italian Greens ~ Pan Fried

I don't normally fry anything, but I had some Escarole that needed used up and decided to cook it the way my Hubs loves.

Pan Fried Italian Greens
2 Medium heads of Escarole, (Cut away from the heart ~ wash and drain, leave slightly wet)
1/4 Cup olive oil
3 Large Cloves of Garlic
2 to 4 Hot banana peppers (optional)
Sea salt to taste


Wash and drain escarole,

Put olive oil into a large frying pan. I first fry the peppers so they are cooked the way my Hubs likes them.

When Peppers are cooked to liking, add the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes. I added my garlic a little to soon so I pushed them off to the side so they don't burn.

Add the escarole and cook until it is cooked to the way you will eat it. We liked it cooked pretty well so I cook it for 15 to 20 minutes, part of the time with a lid on it..



I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the finished greens. Probably because My Hubs was sitting waiting while these were cooking and I guess I got busy and forgot the finished picture. Anyway.... Hubs loved these, so I will be making them again.


This is an alkaline dish that both my Hubs and I will eat, of course he eats his on bread (Bread is not alkaline) like a sandwich and I just eat mine plain.

No comments: