Sunday

Almond Granola With Date Sugar

My Hubs wants me to make banana bread, and I will but first, I wanted to make myself some granola.





My Husband has named this the Best Granola He Has Ever Tasted. He loves the flavor. It must be from the date sugar. Whooo Hooo.... He says it has no after taste like some he has had. Not sure what he is talking about, but thats okay.

Almond Granola With Date Sugar

3 Cups Oats ( I use old fashioned)
1/2 to 2/3 Cup Almonds
1/3 Cup Agave Syrup
1/4 Cup Date Sugar
1/8 Cup Xylitol ( optional) I like mine a little sweeter so I use it.
1/4 Cup Oil of your Choice (I use organic sesame or canola)
2 Tablespoons Water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

In a large bowl combine the oats and almonds (you can substitute other nuts)



In a small sauce pan, heat Agave, water, oil, salt and vanilla. Add the Date Sugar and Xylitol

Stir well and pour over the oats and almonds stirring very well to mix.



Spread out onto a greased cookie sheet



Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before serving.



After this is cool, you can add other things like raisins, dates, cashews, pumpkin seeds, etc.. to make a trail mix.







I have to agree with my Husband. Very, Very Good!!



Oh yes!! Leave it to my Hubs, to take something healthy and make it very unhealthy





Butter Pecan Ice cream with Granola and Caramel Syrup. He said it tasted FANTASTIC!!

No comments: